AAt Athwal Eye Associates, our doctors specialize in medical and surgical eye care. For more than 30 years, we have remained on the cutting edge of technology to provide families in Toms River and the surrounding area with expert medical and surgical services. We offer comprehensive eye care ranging from routine eye exams and contact lenses to cataract surgery, corneal transplants and more.
- A comprehensive, routine, yearly or complete eye exam will evaluate the overall health of your eyes and indicate if further testing in any areas are necessary.
- A refraction is usually performed to determine if there is a need for, or change in, prescription glasses or contact lenses.
- Consultations & Second Opinions are always welcome.
- The exam may be targeted to the issue in question or comprehensive if needed.
- We take your emergencies seriously. We will fit your urgent ophthalmic care into our day or refer you to our covering physician when we are not here.
- We have most testing equipment in our office and can schedule most of your tests here when necessary.
- Our optician is on site daily to coordinate with our doctors for the best possible prescription fit. Your contact lenses may be ordered here as well.
Things to Bring to Your Eye Exam
- Sunglasses, and someone to transport you home from your appointment (Eye exams often require dilation, which can make your vision blurry for several hours.)
- Your current glasses and/or contact lenses
- A list of your current medications (prescription and non-prescription)
- A current driver’s license or state ID
- Insurance ID cards
- Physician referral if required by your insurance
Our Four-Fold Promise to You
- A high level of technical attention and expertise
- A relationship that builds your confidence and trust in our services
- A setting that encourages questions about your eye care
- A staff that is friendly, knowledgeable, and experienced